Job OpportunitiesCurrently Open Positions:Administrative Manager
The Administrative Manager will oversee operation of MONA to include liaising with the Board of Directors on IT, Financial, Member, and Event Management needs. Tasks include:
- Garner a working understanding of the most frequently asked questions and the tools and resources available to answer them.
- Ensure the website is updated and facilitate user needs, including scheduling and overseeing contracted updates and changes. May work with or oversee webmaster.
- Serve as the point person for MONA supplies and materials.
- Ensure prompt payment to vendors and reimbursements to Board members/volunteers, working with the bookkeeper and tax preparers as needed for timely reconciliation and filing of tax returns.
- Assist in preparing for Board meetings.
- Prepare materials for Board and volunteer orientations and help facilitate transitions year over year.
- Ensure efficient processing of member applications.
- Assist volunteers and Board members with event planning, organizing, execution, and follow-up.
- Develop and maintain processes and procedures for the efficient operation of MONA.Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- At least 2 years experience with administrative tasks, preferably with a non-profit organization.
- At least 1 year experience working for or volunteering with a 501(c)7 or member-oriented social organization.
- Proven track record of self-motivated project initiation and project management certification or experience.
- Strong organization skills and process-oriented approach
- Technology and social media savvy
- Passion for member support and organization. Experience with or understanding of family and parenting constituencies a plus.Position Details
- Part time (15-25 hours per week)
- $35-$45/hour commensurate with experience
- Mostly work from home, virtual.
- Required in-person attendance to some organization events (following COVID safety procedures).
- Potential for role expansion/position development to include strategy and executive management.
- Reports directly to MONA Board President with dotted line reporting to additional Board members.How to Apply
Send resume, cover letter, and list of 3 references to email@example.com
If you think you might be a good fit for our organization, feel free to email a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
. About MONA
Mothers of North Arlington is a local support and social group for mothers who reside in Arlington, Virginia, north of Route 50.
A 501(c)(7) non profit organization, established in 2001, MONA is an inclusive community that welcomes and supports all forms of motherhood. We have an active calendar of free and subsidized events - including member socials, family outings, adult outings, ticketed shows, speakers, workshops, specials events, spring and fall school fairs, and much more.
Our 2,600+ member private online community is where you will find a wealth of advice and support, including exclusive members-only offers and discounts and invites to special events. A separate private online marketplace enables members to exchange goods and services with other members in a safe environment.
Currently, MONA is run almost exclusively by a volunteer Board of Directors and volunteer members.